Employment Type: Full-Time
Atkins is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. Atkins has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years.
Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
Atkins seeks an energetic and highly motivated self-starter to join our Guaynabo, Puerto Rico Office
as a Planner.MAJOR FUNCTION/ROLE
Under supervision, performs routine planning assignments while developing professional proficiency. Planning work may be related to land utilization, urban development, transportation or environmental projects.JOB DUTIES
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Generally applies standard planning techniques, procedures and criteria in carrying out a sequence of somewhat diversified planning tasks requiring the use of analysis, interpretation, deductive reasoning, drafting Hazard Mitigation Plans (and others) and attending and conducting public meetings and workshops.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Planning or related degree. Minimal experience required with Bachelor's degree. No experience required with Master's degree.
- Good interpersonal skills, capable of developing technical writing and excellent verbal communications skills; in both Spanish and English.
- Licencia de Planificador (Local Planning License) is a plus but is not required.
- If available, candidate shall submit copy of Professional Registrations.
- No Professional Registrations required.
- Knowledge in Microsoft Office 365, Outlook, Word, SharePoint and Excel.
- Strong communication skills and ability to handle difficult conversations.
- Candidate must submit a short writing sample in both English and Spanish.
Atkins offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please view Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
https://careers.snclavalin.com/equal-opportunities-statementAtkins cares about your privacy.
Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.Atkins will not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters, headhunters, contract recruiters, search firms or employment agencies. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate, Atkins explicitly reserves the right to recruit and hire those candidate(s) at its discretion, and without any financial obligation whatsoever to the recruiter or agency. Any such unsolicited resume or candidate contact information, including those submitted directly to Atkins hiring managers or any other employee, shall become the property of Atkins upon receipt.Job Requirements:
Loading some great jobs for you...