Egencia puts travelers at the heart of business travel, continuously supporting them with solutions that are more engaging and effective. Guided by consumer insights and technology investments from parent company, Expedia, Inc., Egencia connects everything travelers need content, technology, service and reporting in one place.
As a Travel Consultant with Egencia, you will have the opportunity to participate in our \"Boarding Gate\" Training Program which allows you to learn our business from the ground up and become a subject matter expert in the world of online travel booking. In your development to become a successful Travel Consultant, we will provide a solid team of encouraging leaders and an extraordinary opportunity for career advancement. The duration of the training program is driven by your participation, performance and productivity, and as you voyage through training, you will be tested and evaluated to determine your proficiency in learning the Egencia tools and travel industry particulars.
Who You Are:
* Aspirations to learn and grow w/in the travel industry and personal experience travelling for leisure, school, or business
* A recent college degree is preferred but not required; recent internship experience a plus
* Prior work experience in Sales, Customer Service or Call Center within a Technology, Hospitality, or Retail industry. Examples include cellular, car rental and hotels
* Direct experience as a Travel Consultant preferred.
* The ability and dedication to commit to eight weeks of training
* First-rate interpersonal skills with the desire to provide a highly professional service to all customers
* Ability to work autonomously, independently and flexibility to work varying shifts
* Ability to utilize creative problem-solving skills, critical thinking, and professionally written communication
* Proficiency working with Microsoft Office
* Attributes such as dedication, perseverance, and collaboration
* Demonstrated sense of urgency while maintaining exemplary detail accuracy under pressure
* Strong technical skills, and ability to assist and teach customers about online booking tool
* Capable of prioritizing, multi-tasking and handling high volume requests effectively with timely follow-up
What You'll Do:
* Act as the first point of contact for our customers regarding all travel related inquiries
* Promote and maintain excellent client relations by managing prompt and accurate responses via telephone and email
* Research and solve issues, providing priority wait-listing, preferred seat selection and upgrade management as needed
* Recommend alternate routes, lowest available fares, booking class, exchange rates and travel products/services
* Assist in booking complex multiple leg international itineraries and prepare thorough trip itineraries by using preferred vendors
* Serve as a customer liaison between Client Corporation and contracted and preferred suppliers
* Effectively use computer systems and travel related tools to ensure consistency and adherence to processes and procedures
* Additional responsibilities may include, customer service issue follow-up and resolution, visa and/or passport processing, voids, refunds, exchanges, and split ticketing
Why Join Us
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground, so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
This opportunity is for those who have a passion for travel and a desire to have a career working for one of the largest online travel companies. Do you have a strong online background and love working with the latest technologies? Are you highly thoughtful in your approach to building lasting customer relationships and are focused on delivering remarkable service 100% of the time?
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia, Hotels.com, Expedia Partner Solutions, Egencia, trivago, HomeAway, Orbitz, Travelocity, Wotif, lastminute.com.au, ebookers, CheapTickets, Hotwire, Classic Vacations, Expedia Media Solutions, CarRentals.com, Expedia Local Expert, Expedia CruiseShipCenters, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Associated topics: help, information technology support, pc, support analyst, support specialist, technical support, technician ii, technician iii, technician iv, technology